We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will take approximately 30 minutes. This appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of your orthodontic issues. During the initial examination, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
If treatment is indicated, we will recommend diagnostic records at this time. These records, which include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models, are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. The records appointment will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and can be done on the same day as your initial exam for your convenience.
While we can often answer general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specifics after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
After diagnostic records, we will schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements and to answer any questions you may have.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- Your insurance card, if you have orthodontic insurance. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
You may access the following forms to assist us with your care. Please print and fill out the following forms, then bring them to your appointment.
- Child Medical History
- Child Patient Information
- Adult Medical History
- Adult Patient Information
- Privacy Notice
Note: These forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader® to view. If you do not have Adobe Reader® already installed on your computer, download it here.